Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

From the Book of Common Prayer:

O God of unchangeable power and eternal light: Look favorably on your whole Church, that wonderful and sacred mystery; by the effectual working of your providence, carry out in tranquility the plan of salvation; let the world world see and know that things which were cast down are being raised up, and things which had grown old are being made new, and that all things are being brought to their perfection by him through whom all things were made, your Son Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Ali. We prayed this at our Easter vigil last night! A joyful Easter Day to you. I hope you are invited to celebrate with some others! I am and I didn't know how much I didn't want to celebrate by myself until it happened. I would have, but celebrating with others seems so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my friend. I started writing a post back to you, but it was getting long. So I'm writing it as an email now instead. More in a moment. :)

    ReplyDelete