Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dissonant Strains

A small shudder and a shaking of my head... The Song of Solomon in the KJV was apparently the source for at least three songs I heard and probably sang as a kid in church, the strains of which leapt unbidden to my mind as I read the words. His Banner Over Me is Love... Altogether Lovely...I am my Beloveds and He is Mine, which as I recall was one of the forty eleven verses of the first, and slightly adjusted in yet another...I am His and He is Mine. I'm not saying these were my favourite songs or anything, but I regret to find the strains still in my mind, taking up limited space! I resent this.

1 comment:

  1. I have this all the time! Haha. I have it with the NIV too though, so that reading the KJV spares me some reminders, but it jars others. It must depend on where one's church drew their music. I know "His Banner Over Me is Love." I don't think I know the other two.

    ReplyDelete